1. How did you get into producing music?
I’ve always had a love for music, my dad plays guitar, so I ended up teaching myself the basics such as scales and chords. Then I moved on to bass guitar, and then finally my favorite, the drums. I played drums for about 4 years and had lessons for 2. I never joined a band though, I just did it because I loved it. Then I heard about FL Studio 7 waaaaaaay back when, I didn’t really make any actual songs then but I liked to make drum loops so I could play along and practice the drums. And finally about a year or two after that my friend showed me a house track he made on FL Studio 9 and that kind of re-sparked my producing flame and have been at it ever since.
2. What motivates you to keep producing?
What motivates me is the constant support from my fans. Honestly, if I were to put out a song that only 1 person likes, then that song would be a success. When I go on Soundcloud and see all of these amazing comments it really motivates me to not only make more songs, but to make better songs.
3. Who are your main influences?
- Mark Instinct
4. What’s one law that should be changed?
Honestly I think cannabis should be legal for adults, but I don’t want to promote drug use so I’m going to go with this one:
In Devon, Texas, it is against the law to make furniture while you are nude.
I think we’ve been held down long enough.
5. If you could change your real name, what would it be?
6. What are you currently working on? Any collaborations?
I am currently working on:
- a 6 track collab EP with Toke
- a collab with Kasafras
- a VIP of my electro track Let’s go Raving
- a remix of Ebraze & DJ Fuck the Cops – Get Your Paper
- a remix of Dirt Monkey’s banger Boom Bam
- And finally, If I have time, I would like to remix skrillex’s remix of cinema back into the original track
7. What are your thoughts on the EDM scene?
I love how popular EDM has become. You’re no longer looked down upon for being the dude in the corner wearing big headphones, listening to “techno”.
That being said, there’s a small part of me that hates how popular it has become. Don’t get me wrong, if you actually like EDM, that’s fine, enjoy it, share it, love it. But when anything starts to gain popularity there are always a few posers that only like it because “it’s cool” to like it. There’s only a small percentage of people like this, but I think it’s worth pointing out.
8. What other genres of music do you listen to?
Hip hop, classic rock, metal
9. Name one embarrassing moment.
One time in high school about 15 minutes before lunch, I fell asleep during class. Apparently I slept through the bell and the rest of the class had left for lunch. My teacher at the time thought it would be funny to let me sleep through lunch. Lunch ends, the bell rings and wakes me up. I look at my teacher and apologize for falling asleep, and I make my way out to what I thought was lunch. I immediately go to the cafeteria to get some food , but the lunch lady turns me down because lunch had technically just ended. I spent 5 minutes arguing with her about how lunch had just started before I finally looked at my phone and noticed that it was 1:00.
10. Where would you like to be in a year?
On Beatports top 100
11. How do you feel about your fans?
I love them; it’s as simple as that.
12. What is something we don’t know about you?
I’m terrified of spiders, TERRIFIED! I would probably cry if a big enough one crawled on me.
13. Any last comments?
I would just like to thank you guys for having me answer these questions, and for all of the continuous support. I would also like to thank anyone who reads it too. <3